Official Contest Rules
- How To Enter: The Promotion begins at 12:00:01 a.m. ET on July 30, 2022 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on October 3, 2022 (“Promotion Period”). To enter, visit “www.TheFranciscans.org/StFrancisPetPhotoContest”, go to the entry link, and follow the online instructions to submit a digital photo of your pet and complete the entry process.
- Eligibility: Open and offered only to residents of the 50 United States who have reached the age of majority in the state of his/her residence as of start date of Promotion. Entrant must have the legal right and ability to give broad permission for The Franciscan to use the photo of his pet and/or must have secured, prior to entry, the written permission of any person and/or dog owner other than entrant.
- Winner Selection and Criteria: The Franciscan will notify winners by email approximately October 3, 2022 and announce the winner publicly on October 4, 2022. The chances of winning depend on number of votes received.
Photo must be original, unpublished, and not copyrighted.
Prizes & Retail Value: Winning Photo(s) will be used on a future website platforms and printed The Franciscan materials. A total of 9 winner(s) will be chosen- 3 from each category: Dog, Cat, Critter. Three 1st place winners will win $100 USD Chewy Gift Card. Three 2nd place with will $50 USD Chewy Gift Card. Three 3rd place will win $25 USD Chewy Gift Card. No substitution, cash redemption or transfer of prize by winners is permitted.
- General Rules:
- Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for lost, late, damaged, delayed, incomplete, corrupted or misdirected entries, whether caused by electronic, network, software or computer failures and malfunctions of any kind or by human error. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for undeliverable e-mails resulting from any form of active or passive e-mail filtering by a user’s Internet service provider and/or e-mail client, insufficient space in user’s e-mail account to receive e-mail, or for any other technical reason.
- Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel or terminate the Promotion (or any portion thereof) if fraud, misconduct or technical failures, including computer virus, bug, or other technical problems, destroy or threaten to destroy the integrity of the Promotion. Sponsor may elect, if feasible and in its sole discretion, to choose winners from among all eligible entries received prior to the time of such a forced termination.
- In the event a dispute arises regarding specific winner entitled to receive prize, entry will be deemed made by the “authorized e-mail account holder,” which shall mean the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
- Any damage made to the Website will also be the responsibility of the authorized e-mail account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. Any attempt by an individual to damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of this Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from and to prosecute any such individual to the full extent of the law.
- Upon a finding on non-compliance with these Official Rules and requirements, or if prize/prize notification is returned as non-deliverable, or if a winner is found to be ineligible, such prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner.
- The Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. It is void where prohibited by law. Winner is responsible for any tax due on winning amount.
- Entrants who participate in this Promotion hereby waive and release, and agree to hold harmless the Sponsors, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, licensors, advertising and promotion agencies and all of their respective officers, directors, employees and representatives and agents, from and against, any and all rights, claims and causes of action of any kind whatsoever that may arise from their participation in this promotion and/or their acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any good obtained with the prize gift card.
- Sponsor: The Franciscans 144 West 32nd Street New York, 10001
RELEASE AND LICENSE: In consideration of entering my photo in The Franciscans Pet Contest, I hereby grant to the Franciscans, its employees, agents, licensees and personnel who are acting on its behalf (“The Franciscan”), the absolute and irrevocable right and permission throughout the world and in perpetuity, with respect to the attached digital photograph of my pet, me and/or others (if applicable), as well as my image, likeness, name, testimonials, statements, if any, or other related items (the “Authorized Material”):
- To use, re-use, publish, re-publish, post on a website, transmit, modify and edit the Authorized Material, in whole or in part, severally or in conjunction with other materials, in any medium now or hereafter known, for commercial, promotional and educational purposes and for any other purpose whatsoever, including without limitation, publicity, marketing, advertising, fundraising and/or trade, and
- To claim and register copyrights in any materials created by The Franciscan Friar of Holy Name Province based on, derived from or incorporating all or part of any of the Authorized Material in The Franciscan’s own name or any other name that it may choose.
For all but the winning photos, I may use my entered photo for personal use, but I will not use it for commercial purposes and will not enter it in any other contest until the contest results are announced. If my photo is chosen as a winning photo, and in consideration of the prize, I will use that photo for personal use only and will provide written releases that cover all persons and animals in the photo.
As a condition for entering my picture in the promotion, I certify that I have the written consent of all other identifiable persons, children and animals in the photo (other than myself or my own children and animals) to be bound by the terms of this Release and License. I understand that The Franciscan Friar of Holy Name Province will rely on this certification in posting or otherwise using entries prior to selecting a winner and will require me to produce the written releases as a condition of publishing the winning picture on its website, social media and print materials and presenting the prize.
I hereby release and discharge The Franciscan Friar of Holy Name Province from any and all claims and demands whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use of the Authorized Material or any reproduction thereof and waive any further claim for compensation in connection with the use of the Authorized Material. I acknowledge that the Authorized Material may be altered or modified and waive any right to inspect or approve the finished product.
This Release and License shall inure to the benefit of The Franciscan Friar of Holy Name Province successors and assigns and shall be binding upon my heirs, successors, assigns and legal representatives.